To enable or disable vCenter alerts and alarms, you can follow these steps:
- Log in to the “vSphere Web Client” from a browser
- Make sure the vCenter is selected in the main left pane of the vCenter management console
- Click on the “Monitor” tab
- Click on “Alarms” in the left-hand pane
- Select the alarm or alarms you want to enable or disable
- Click on the “Actions” button and select “Enable Alarms” or “Disable Alarms” as appropriate
- Confirm the action when prompted.
You can also enable or disable vCenter alarms through vCenter server’s configuration settings:
- Log in to the vSphere Web Client
- Click on the “Home” tab
- Click on “Administration” in the left-hand pane
- Click on “vCenter Server” in the right-hand pane
- Select the “Alarm Definitions” tab
- Select the alarm definition you want to edit
- Click on the “Actions” button and select “Edit Alarm”
- On the Alarm settings, you can enable or disable the alarm.
You can also use the vSphere SDK to enable or disable vCenter alerts and alarms using the vSphere API or PowerCLI.
Note: These steps may vary slightly depending on the version of vCenter you are using.