ChatGPT Top Capabilities and Limitations:
- Text generation: ChatGPT can generate text based on a prompt given to it, allowing it to answer questions, write stories, and more.
- Language understanding: ChatGPT has a good understanding of the language and is capable of answering questions and generating text in a variety of languages.
- Multitasking: ChatGPT can perform multiple tasks simultaneously, such as answering questions, generating text, and translating text.
- Contextual reasoning: ChatGPT is trained on a large corpus of text and can use that knowledge to understand context and provide relevant responses.
- Bias: ChatGPT has been trained on a large corpus of text that may contain biases and misinformation. This can result in incorrect or biased responses.
- Limited common sense: Despite its training on a large corpus of text, ChatGPT does not have human-level common sense and may struggle with tasks that require it.
- Lack of empathy: ChatGPT is not capable of experiencing emotions and may not be able to fully understand the emotional context of a conversation.
- No control over generated text: The responses generated by ChatGPT are not always suitable or appropriate, and the model has no control over what it generates.
When we ask questions related to the current year 2023 updates, ChatGPT replied stating that it is not updated with the latest information. When ChatGPT will get updated to the latest year?
As a language model developed by OpenAI, ChatGPT chatbot do not have the ability to update by itself with current events or information beyond my training data cut-off in 2021. The information it provides is based solely on that data. It’s up to the users and developers to decide if they want to retrain the model with more recent data.