Here are a few steps you can try to fix the Windows Update Error 0x800705b9 in Windows 11:
- Restart your computer and try updating again.
- Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- Check for updates in Safe Mode.
- Delete the contents of the Software Distribution folder.
- Reset the Windows Update components.
- Run the System File Checker.
- Check your computer’s hard drive for errors.
If none of the above steps work, you may want to consider performing a clean boot.
It is important to note that some of these steps may require administrator access, and some of these steps may cause data loss, so it is always recommended to make a backup of your important files before proceeding.
If the problem persist, It would be best to contact Microsoft support team to help you with the issue.
Here are some steps you can try to fix the Windows Update error 0x800705b9 in Windows 11:
Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter: This built-in tool can help identify and fix common issues with Windows updates. To run it, go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Windows Update.
Clear the Windows Update cache: Sometimes the Windows Update cache can become corrupted, causing issues with updates. To clear the cache, press the Windows key + R, type “cmd”, and press Enter. In the Command Prompt, type “net stop wuauserv” (without the quotes) and press Enter. Then type “net stop cryptsvc” and press Enter. Next, navigate to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution and delete all the files and folders in that directory. Restart your computer and try running the update again.
Run the System File Checker: This tool scans your system files and replaces any that are corrupt or missing. To run it, press the Windows key + X and choose Command Prompt (Admin). Type “sfc /scannow” (without the quotes) and press Enter.
Reset Windows Update components:
- Press the Windows key + X and choose Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type the following commands in the Command Prompt, one by one, pressing Enter after each command:
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop appidsvc
net stop cryptsvc
ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.old
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start appidsvc
net start cryptsvc
- Check the Windows update service is running or not: Press Windows + R and type services.msc and press enter. Then check if the windows update service is running or not. If it’s not running then right-click on windows update service and select start.
Run Windows update again and check whether the error 0x800705b9 is resolved or not.
Note: Some of the steps above require you to restart your computer. Make sure to save any open files and close any open programs before proceeding.