CIP in full form Client Integration Plug-in. To enable the OVF functionality on the vCenter, CIP needs to be installed. Otherwise, vCenter will not allow to provision a VM from a OVA or OVF template.
How to download Client Integration Plug-in or Enhanced Authentication Plugin?
Open your vCenter from a browser and in the below of the screen, you will find an option to download Enhanced Authentication plugin as shown in the below figure –
Once the Client Integration Plug-in installed, the SSO (Single Sign-on) will be enabled and then you don’t need to type your active directory credentials. You just need to select the option called “Use Windows session authentication” option.
What VMware Client Integration Plugin contains?
here is the information about –
- Content Library – Operations related to the Content Library feature such as import and export
- Client Side Logging/Config – Allows for writing non-flash logs + vSphere Web Client flash and logging settings
- File Upload/Download – Datastore file transfer
- ovftool – Standalone CLI utility used to manage import/export of OVF and OVA images
- Remote Devices – Connecting client side devices such as a CD-ROM, Floppy, USB, etc. to VM
- Windows Authentication – Allows the use of SSPI when logging in from the vSphere Web Client
Open vmware-cip-launcher.exe? – why this pops up every time I open a vCenter from a Chrome web browser?
This issue occurs due to changes in the requirements for SSL certificates in Chrome Browser that are incompatible with the older Client Integration Plug-in certificates.
And as per VMware KB article, this issue is resolved in vCenter Server 6.0 Update 3c.
Direct download link to download Client Integration Plugin versions:
Here is the download links –
https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2145066 (to download CIP version 5.6.0, 6.2.0 for Windows, Macintosh, Linux operating systems)
Lets discuss how to install the VMware Enhanced Authentication Plug-in:
- Open a Web browser and type the URL for the vSphere Web Client.
- At the bottom of the vSphere Web Client login page, click Download Enhanced Authentication Plug-in.
- If the browser blocks the installation either by issuing certificate errors or by running a pop-up blocker, follow the Help instructions for your browser to resolve the problem.
- Save the plug-in to your computer, and run the downloaded CIP file.
- Go through the installation wizard for both the VMware Enhanced Authentication Plug-in and the VMware Plug-in Service which are run in succession.
- When the installations are complete, refresh your browser.
- On the External Protocol Request dialog box, click Launch Application to run the Enhanced Authentication Plug-in.
But, if you are going to select tadalafil generic from a reputed source, then it will be perfect for you. Many women are reluctant or too embarrassed to talk prescription female viagra to a doctor about it. So do not worry purchase generic levitra http://deeprootsmag.org/2014/03/05/okapi-horse-zebra/ about feeling embarrass. The power of this medicament can be availed in 40mg measure in tablet form, but for bulk viagra http://deeprootsmag.org/2013/12/12/what-becomes-a-classic-most/ a much lower price.
This is how you can install the VMware Enhanced Authentication Plug-in that helps to enable the OVF functionality for a vCenter management console.